How to stay fit and fresh during the Cape Town water crisis!
Let’s face it you are not going to lose any unwanted body fat without pushing out into a sweat after all it’s just fat crying. So how does one keep that sexy post-workout glow without all the added unwanted nasties that come with limited water resources?
I have compiled a list below so that you can still glow like glitter and say hi to that gorgeous guy at the gym! This list was a huge lifesaver as I would need to freshen up very quickly between teaching my fitness classes and running to fitness shoots or my next client.
1. Stock up on wet wipes! Make sure they do not contain alcohol or any hidden perfume! I love the Pure Beginnings range. They are biodegradable!! A big thing right now as we are already buying way too much plastic bottles! (Regarding that recycle your bottles with this awesome water bottle workout here) Keep those wet wipes handy and use to wipe down gym equipment before and after use with some hand sanitiser spray) On a serious note there is a bigger reason to wipe down now more than ever! Avoid hitting the showers after that workout to conserve water and wipe down with wet wipes! You can purchase these wet wipes from Wellness Warehouse for R129 for a pack of 3!
2. Hand sanitiser! Just spray everything with it! Toilet seats, gym equipment and great to clean those sweaty feet after workouts! This is my favourite one from
3. Natural Tea Tree Foot Spray!I love this natural one from Earthsap with tea tree to freshen up those feet and kill off any unwanted bacterial infections. It’s antifungal and deodorising. Let’s face it gym floors are full of those nasties. Plus if you really have to hit that 90 second shower make sure to spray on the shower floor before entering to kill off any unwanted germs! You can purchase this one from Faithful to Nature for R52.00
4. I love this baby powder as it’s talc free! Perfect to use to stay fresh before workouts! Sprinkle some in your trainers to prevent smelly feet. Thank you, Purity and Elizabeth Anne!
5. Dry Shampoo! This is a girl’s best friend! Especially when you are hitting the gym before work or meeting up with the girls after that intense workout! I love that these come in travel sizes perfect to fit into that gym bag! Thank you, Batiste!
6. Dry Bath is a real thing! So if you still need to seriously wash down because you just took that intense spin class and forgot about the implications of a water crisis! These awesome travel sized sachets are super easy to use just snap in half and spread the gel onto a face cloth or palm of your hand and lather away! No water needed! These can be purchased on Takealot! You can also purchase a bottle of this innovative product on their site and works out more budget friendly!
7. I absolutely love Brasilfit fitness gear! I’m in love with their DRY fabric range! Don’t take my word for it read more here: “DRY Is a material that provides a silky texture that is incredibly lightweight and soft on the skin. Dry is long lasting and colour fast, reduces body heat by wicking sweat away from the skin, is fully breathable and antibacterial. (100% Polyamide)” I think I already fell in love with the words: antibacterial, breathable and lightweight! You can check out their full range here! and Brasilfit if you are looking for an ambassador hint hint! lol
8. Hydration! It’s important to stay hydrated during workouts! sip on coconut water and save water! Coconut water is high in potassium and packed with electrolytes! You can purchase these from Woolies for R24.99 for 330ml. A great way to stay hydrated! Also, pack in fruit with high water content. Chop up watermelon, strawberries and grapefruit sprinkle with lemon juice!
9. Sweat-proof Make up! L’oreal Infallible 24hour Matt Foundation is perfect to keep your make up in place! If you want to go for a complete waterproof option try Mac Ladies Pro longwear. Ladies just quit with the mascara and opt for false lashes if you really must. Okay if that is not an option then try Maybelline – Volume Express Colossal Waterproof. To wash any excess sweat or make up from your face without using any water try Garnier Pure Active Micellar Water you can read my awesome review here!
10. Wear a swimsuit under your workout gear! It’s quick drying and you can jump into the sea on your way home to freshen up!
If you have any extra tips that you would like to share please do!
**Disclaimer** this is not a sponsored post