A is for Avocado!
Welcome to the second instalment of A-Z of Natural Wellness. Today I’m excited to share the amazing health and beauty benefits of Avocado!
Avocados are a great source of monounsaturated fats. These healthy fatty acids increase energy and burn unwanted fat. Avocado oil is a rich source of vitamin A, D and E and contains levels of potassium. You can reap the many benefits of this amazing super fruit by drizzling avocado oil over salads, substitute mayonnaise with mashed avo. Avocado oil has a high burning factor and can be used for frying or grilling.
Try these amazingly easy DIY beauty treatments with avocado!
Avocado oil also has amazing anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce redness and soothe your skin.
Avocado Soothing Facial Mask
Mash one avo with honey and one tablespoon of avocado oil
Apply to skin for 10minutes until it hardens on your skin, rinse off with warm water
Hydrate your hair and repair split ends with this moisturising avo hair mask
Mix olive oil, one mashed avo and an egg yolk. Apply in the shower to the ends of wet hair. Leave in for 2-3minutes and rinse. For best results use this hydrating hair mask twice a week.
Deep conditioning leave-in hair treatment
Avocado oil contains biotin which strengthens hair. For dry or colour treated hair use avocado oil as a leave-in conditioner on the ends of your hair for 2-3minutes once a week or after each wash.
Try these guilt-free brownies made with avocado!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium-sized avocado
- 3 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 2-3 tbsp Almond/ Macadamia Nut butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup xylitol/ coconut palm sugar/honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs/ coconut/ almonds/ macadamia nuts (keep half to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Line a medium-sized square oven dish with grease proof paper
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth, be careful not to over mix
- Pour the mixture into the prepared oven dish and smooth out the mixture evenly
- Sprinkle leftover nuts/coconut/cacao nibs and pop into oven for 25minutes
- Remove and allow to cool before cutting into squares
- Place in the fridge to harden or store in an airtight container.
Always consult with your healthcare practitioner before starting a new eating plan or taking any nutritional supplements
If you would like a personalised eating plan visit my online shop here.